Aloe Vera is one of the easiest houseplants to grow. It requires little in the way of care—simply an occasional watering, warm conditions, and a bit of fertilization now and then. Growing aloe would benefit you very much, mainly because of its medicinal properties, not to mention paving the way towards your first domestic Herbalism.
The plant has thick, gel-filled leaves which can be easily harvested. Just cut open one of the leaves and collect the oozing gel from it.
The aloe juice can be found in most of the stores for healthy food, but the homegrown gel could be safer, and not to mention that it is the cheaper variant. You get the best benefits by harvesting the biggest and ripest leaves, because of their larger concentration of gel.
You can use the substance for the following issues:
9 Health Benefits Of Applying Aloe Vera Topically
- Soothes burns (one of the best home remedies for sunburns)
- Heals wounds
- Calms acne and eczema
- Calms rashes, boils, and other skin afflictions
- Anti-itching for bug bites
- Reduces wrinkles
- Conditions hair as a shampoo (may even prevent hair loss)
- Moisturizes skin
- May be used as a shaving gel
9 Health Benefits Of Taking Aloe Vera Internally
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Prevents digestive disorders like constipation, bloating, IBS and colitis and calms stomach disturbances
- Improves the body’s immunity
- Boosts the production of white blood cells and healthy cells in cancer patients
- Reduces heartburn and indigestion
- Promotes healthy gums
- Promotes better functioning of the urinary tract
- Reinforces the heart and improves the quality of blood
- Lowers arthritis inflammation
It’s believed the plant we know today as Aloe Vera first came from Northern Africa. The first known documentation of its medicinal use was in the ancient Egyptian Papyrus called Ebers, which provided twelve different recipes for aloe healing. Since then, the succulent plant has been used across the globe as both an ornamental plant, and more importantly, as a healing medicine.
Therefore, forsake the pharmaceutical medication and enjoy the many benefits of aloe Vera!