A thyroid disease is a medical condition impairing the function of the thyroid. Different thyroid diseases include Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. These diseases have a large range of symptoms and affect all ages. Many people today in our countries are diagnosed with problems of the thyroid and other but not yet diagnosed have symptoms.
Your thyroid is your chief gland of energy and metabolism and is a fundamental mechanism in a complex machine, as every cell in your body has thyroid hormone receptors.
Luckily thyroid can heal naturally with proper diet, exercise, rest and minimizing stress in your life.
Finding a good holistic doctor to seek the causes of their problems thyroid gland. A good holistic doctor will work with you to discover the underlying problems that are causing the problem and work towards a solution that works for you individually.
Top ways to begin to heal your thyroid naturally:
1. Using Coconut Oil – Coconut oil does not interfere with the conversion of T4 to T3 as many of the oils we use in cooking. Coconut oil increases metabolism and helps you lose weight. GI and also supports immune health, which are key in helping the thyroid.
Replace your coconut oils by this and also make sure to consume at least 1 tablespoon per day.
2. Drinking Bone Broth daily – Broth bones healthy, pasture-raised animals is a wonderful healing elixir that helps cure and seal the intestinal mucosa and also strengthens the immune system. Both are crucial for optimal thyroid health. Drink 1 cup of broth daily bones and add a pinch of sea salt and seaweed flakes to further support the health of the thyroid.
3. Eating Seaweed and other sea vegetables – Algae and other sea vegetables like nori, kombu, wakame should be eaten frequently. These foods are the major dietary source of iodine and comes loaded with many other beneficial nutrients.
4. Optimize the consumption of vitamin A, D and K2 levels – These vitamins are critical for good health and thyroid hormones. Recent studies indicated that people with thyroid problems deficient in these vitamins in your body.
5. Practice some relaxation therapy, such as yoga, meditation or tai chi is very good to regulate thyroid function, especially if the problem was caused by trauma, major depression or very bad news.
6. Avoid Gluten – Gluten causes an autoimmune response in many people and is now being considered as the cause of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, an autoimmune common thyroid disease.
Avoid peanuts and peanut butter, also contain goitrogens.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.