You’ll be surprised at how many beauty treatments you can make with just honey and a few ingredients. Wipe out under eye circles, dry patches, and other skin ailments with this amazing non-toxic beauty remedy produced from some of nature’s best friends
Along with its many health benefits, honey is great for beauty purposes as well. Packed with a powerful punch of antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and humectant properties, honey can regenerate your skin and hair in many ways.
Here are the 7 amazing benefits of honey for hair and skin.
Scars of any size or form are ugly to look at. If the scar is on a visible body part, many people will look for ways to get rid of it as quickly as possible. While scars are hard to treat, you can use honey to lighten them and minimize their appearance
Honey increases tissue regeneration and healing and helps regenerate skin cells. All these factors work together to fade scars.
- Mix equal amounts of honey and extra-virgin coconut or olive oil.
- Massage the mixture over the scarred area using a circular motion for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put a warm washcloth over the area, and leave it in place until it cools.
- Wipe the area clean with a cotton ball.
- Repeat twice daily.
2.Heals minor wounds and cuts
Honey is also used to treat minor wounds and cuts because it’s an effective pathogen killer. It helps draw fluid away from the affected area to speed up the healing time. It even stops the growth of microorganisms and lowers the risk of infection.
For treating minor cuts and wounds, use high-quality Manuka honey only.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that affects the skin cells. It causes redness, blisters, itching and even lesions. Although honey cannot treat this disease, it can soothe the skin, decrease inflammation and protect damaged skin from becoming infected.
Also, it will help relieve the dryness, patching and peeling away of the skin.
A 2003 study published in Complementary Therapies in Medicine states that topical application of a natural honey, beeswax and olive oil mixture of equal amounts is beneficial in the management of psoriasis vulgaris as well as dermatitis.
- Put 1 teaspoon each of honey, olive oil and beeswax in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Warm the mixture in the microwave until the beeswax melts.
- Stir the mixture and allow it to cool down.
- Apply it on the affected area as a lotion a few times a day.
Acne appears due to excessive oil secretion and trapped dust mixed with oil in the skin pores that creates a growing ground for bacteria.
As honey is a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent, it can reduce acne symptoms and prevent infection.
It also keeps your skin moisturized and glowing, due to the excellent nutrients present in it.
- Apply raw, organic honey on your acne and the skin around it.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a day.
5.Stops skin aging
Being a good source of antioxidants, honey preserves your skin from cell damage due to free radicals. Free radicals stimulate the aging process and may contribute to wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s-feet and even sagging skin.
- Mix equal amounts of raw, organic honey and fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it on your face and neck area.
- Allow it to dry on its own, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this anti-aging skin treatment once or twice a week.
6.Makes hands soft
Dry hands are a very common problem that can be solved with honey. It contains humectant properties that help lock in moisture to keep your hands extra soft and smooth.
Additionally, it helps fight free-radical damage to prevent aging signs from showing on your hands.
- Rub a little honey all over your hands and wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, take your shower or bath.
- Once done, apply a mild moisturizer on your hands.
- Repeat daily to enjoy soft hands.
7.Stops hair loss
Those who are concerned about hair loss can try honey to prevent baldness. It has antioxidant as well as antimicrobial and antifungal properties that stop hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
It can also control dandruff, one of the reasons behind hair loss.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon each of honey and onion juice.
- Massage your scalp and hair roots with this mixture.
- Wait 30 minutes, then shampoo your hair as usual.
- Use this remedy twice a week.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.