The combination of ginger tea, lemon and honey is the perfect beverage for treating cold and flu because every single ingredient has its own unique, natural and medicinal properties. This tea is soothing and it will help you relieve the symptoms as well as boost your immune system. People should definitely drink it even when they are healthy because it provides numerous health benefits.
Lemon juice is essential for strong immune system because it is abundant in vitamin C and it has anti-oxidant properties as well. In order to boost your immune system, you should add lemon juice to a hot tea. Moreover, lemon juice will also help you neutralize the activity of waste products called free radicals in the body due to the high content of vitamin C. As a result of that, it will reduce both inflammation and swelling in the body which are caused by free radicals. Vitamin C has the ability to decrease the risk of cancer, stroke or a heart disease as well.
Since ancient times, people have been using ginger to relief of nausea, digestive stress and upset stomach. Nevertheless, ginger has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help in the promotion of healthy sweating that aids in the detoxification of the body. This is especially helpful when a person is dealing with cold or flu. Moreover, ginger can prevent nausea, vomiting, cold sweating, dizziness, etc.
Honey is extremely effective and natural cough suppressant due to its soothing effects on sore throats. It also has the ability to boost the body’s immune system because it aids the production of white blood cells. You can fight infections and reduce fever just by consuming a bit of honey per day.
LEMON, GINGER, AND HONEY IN A JAR
The best part about this natural remedy is that you can prepare it at home, ahead of time and store it in the fridge. As we already mentioned, this remedy is immunity boosting and body soothing concoction, so here is how you can prepare it.
- 2 lemons (thoroughly cleaned)
- 2 piece of fresh ginger (about the size of your pointer and middle finger)
- Raw honey
- 12 oz mason jar
- First of all, you need to slice lemons and ginger.
- After that, take a mason jar and place the lemon and ginger slices in it, alternating layers of each.
- Next, pour slowly the honey over the lemon and ginger and allow it to sink down around the ingredients. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
- Once prepared, store this mixture in the fridge. Over some time, the mixture will start to turn into a loose jelly.
- Whenever you need some soothing tea, you should scoop 2 or 3 tbsp into a mug full of hot water, but make sure to scoop whole pieces of ginger and lemon. Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes and sip away.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
G T M.