Oranges are known source of vitamin C, but what is less known is that they are also abundant in vitamins A and B, soluble fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium and other nutrients.
Here are some of the benefits that the orange peel has:
Removes Blackheads and Whiteheads
Never throw away an orange peel because orange peel powder can be used as a natural exfoliating agent that can remove dirt and dead skin cells from your skin. as a result, it will prevent the appearance and the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. It also has the ability to reduce the occurance of acne.
- Take equal amounts of orange peel powder and plain yogurt to prepare a paste.
- Once prepared, use gentle circular motions to apply the paste on your face and neck area.
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, use wet hands and gently rub off the paste.
- In order to reduce blackheads and whiteheads, use this solution every other day. Then, repeat once a week as a preventive measure.
If you have the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth, fresh orange peels are the right solution for that. The orange peel will help you reduce teeth staining, especially smoking stains as it contains a compound known as d-limonene.
ll you have to do is to take an orange peel and rub the inside of the peel over your teeth for 2-3 minutes. After that, rinse your mouth and teeth with lukewarm water. Repeat this method 2 times a day until you feel satisfied with the results.
Another alternative is to make a paste with some orange peel powder and a little water. You can add dried leaves in it as well. Once prepared, put the paste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth. Repeat twice daily for a few weeks.
Aids Weight Loss
Orange peels are extremely helpful in the process of losing weight because many nutritional components of oranges are present in the peel, especially vitamin C. This antioxidant vitamin helps burn fat.
Instead of coffee and sodas, you should incorporate orange peel tea in your weight-loss diet. Follow the instructions in order to prepare this magical tea:
- First, take peels from several oranges and dry them in a cool and dry place.
- Once dried, put one tablespoon of them in 1 cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the peels and add a little raw honey.
- Drink 2 cups of this herbal tea on a daily basis.
Important note : Always use the peels from organic oranges and before drying them, make sure to wash them thoroughly.