Our muscles tend to get weaker with time and can suffer damages of all sorts, in other words, we could accidentally hurt some particular body part that could later on require a special treatment, as often is the case with shoulders.
Shoulders can suffer from conditions such as bursitis and tendinitis, which are basically inflammations of the area that needs to be treated gently and with patience, and you should particularly avoid forcing it more than necessary.
The most common way of treating this kind of shoulder pains is by reducing inflammation in the area. In addition, you should avoid certain things in order to heal as quickly as you can. Today we are going to tell you how to easily resolve your shoulder issues.
THESE ARE THE MAIN METHODS FOR TREATING SHOULDER TENDINITIS
- Avoid physical activity in general for at least a week until the pain diminishes.
- Apply ice and leave it on for 15 minutes. Repeat this 3 to 6 times a day.
- Massage the area to alleviate the pain.
- Do exercises designed especially for this area as recommended by your doctor.
- Therapy and physiotherapy are usually a great way of dealing with this problem, but only if they have been recommended by a professional.
- Don´t lift your shoulders under any circumstance. If you need to reach something on a high shelf, ask your family members for help.
- Do this fantastic exercise: Place your shoulder against the corner of a wall or a door, placing a towel or some soft instrument in between to avoid pain. Gently stretch the shoulder in different directions, and don´t be afraid to gradually apply force, that is, little by little. You can do this twice a day, each time maintaining the pressure for 15 seconds.
OTHER WAYS OF REDUCING THE PAIN
- Lift only the nearby objects.
- Lift only the light objects.
- Change your sitting posture, whether it is in the office or someplace else; keep in mind that if you feel that any position in particular is causing you inconvenience of any kind, it has to be for some good reason. Pay attention to what messages your body is sending you.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.