Typically, okra is used as a thickening agent in soups because of its gooey-gooey texture. But what we didn’t know that it can double as a nutritional powerhouse filled with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that provide an array of health benefits from treating diabetes to preventing kidney disease. This makes okra a nutrition hero and a very available food when it comes to our health.
Okra Water Recipe
1. Pierce each side of the pods with a knife.
2. Place the pods in a large mason jar, then cover them with water.
3. Soak the pods overnight, at least eight hours (up to 24 hours).
4. In the morning, squeeze the pods into the water to release any leftover sap.
5. Throw the pods away and drink the water.
Other Health Benefits:
Because okra is a rich source of dietary fibre, important vitamins and minerals, and powerful antioxidants, the vegetable is known to be beneficial for health in a number of ways.
– Preventing and improving constipation
– Lowering cholesterol
– Reducing the risk of some forms of cancer, especially colorectal cancer
– Improving energy levels and improving symptoms of depression
– Helping to treat sore throat, irritable bowel, ulcers and lung inflammation
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
G T M.