Sage is a herb with a fine stalk and leaves with a grayish green color and a violet flower. The plant is native to Europe, but can easily grow anywhere. There are 4 varieties of sage. In the past, the herb was a considered sacred as it was used to treat different diseases and conditions. It is full of bitter compounds, saponins, antibacterial enzymes, estrogen, vitamin B and C, essential oils as well as potassium and other minerals which can improve your overall health.
HERE ARE THE MAIN HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE HERB:
- Balances the nervous system;
- Improves circulation;
- Relieves fatigue;
- Is a great anemia remedy;
- Has powerful astringent properties;
- Relieves digestive problems such as diarrhea;
- Relieves menopausal symptoms;
- Regulates the blood sugar levels;
- Heals ulcers and sores;
- Protects the vaginal mucosa;
- Treats fluid retention and cystitis;
- Cures most oral problems;
- Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties;
- Sage is known as “women grass” as it can relieve menstrual symptoms.
Here’s what sage can help you with:
- TREATS THROAT AND GUM PROBLEMS
Prepare a pot of sage tea and leave it to cool down, then gargle some of it 3 times a day to relieve throat infections and gum diseases.
- TREATS EXCESSIVE SWEATING
Make a mixture by soaking 50 gr. of dried sage in half a liter 70% alcohol, then leave it to stay for a week, shaking it occasionally every day. Once the tincture’s ready, take 50 drops of it every day.
- DIGESTIVE TONIC AND WOUND CLEANER
Pour 3 cups of boiling water over 3 teaspoons of dried sage, then leave the tea to cool down and drink 3 cups a day.
- TREAT GYNECOLOGICAL AND NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS
Put 4 gr. of dried sage in a cup of boiling water, then leave it to cool down before drinking the tea to fight gynecological problems and nervous system disorders.
- TREAT RHEUMATISM AND PARALYSIS
If you’re suffering from these disorders, soak yourself in a bathtub of hot water with 2 handfuls of sage leaves 15 minutes 2-3 times a week.
- ACCELERATES THE HEALING OF WOUNDS
Mix some honey with sage tincture and apply it on wounds to accelerate the healing.
- FUNGAL INFECTIONS ON THE SKIN
Soak yourself in sage baths 2-3 times a week to relieve fungal infections on the skin.
- TREATS ARTHRITIS
Rub the painful joints with sage essential oils to relieve the pain and treat the symptoms.
WARNING: SAGE SHOULDN’T BE USED DURING THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY AS IT MAY DAMAGE THE BABY. BREASTFEEDING WOMEN SHOULD AVOID IT AS WELL AS IT INHIBITS THE PRODUCTION OF MILK. FINALLY, PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM KIDNEY FAILURE SHOULD AVOID CONSUMING SAGE.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
The content of this article, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual (person). Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health.