With a bit of research, and experience as a teenager, it’s been found that diet and environmental factors lead to a rise in adult acne. As you go throughout day, face accumulates dirt, bacteria, and pollution from around you. The best way is to adjust your diet (avoid refined sugars!) and wash face with a cleanser. But, not any cleanser is good. Some cleansers have chemicals as bad (or worse!) for your skin as the toxins in the air.
These 5 DIY face washes are very simple to make! Each of the ingredients have many uses and benefits beyond the skin.
DIY Face Wash Recipes
DIY Foaming Face Wash for All Skin types:
- Coconut oil – ½ tsp, castile soap – ⅓ cup, filtered or distilled water – ⅔ cup, lavender essential oil – 10-15 drops.
Directions–put the ingredients in a small bowl and blend it well. Pour your mixture in an empty container.
Face wash for acne prone or oily skin:
- ½ cup organic honey; ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar; 10 drops of tea tree oil
DIY face cleanser for dry skin:
- 1 tablespoon almond oil;1 cup mild castile soap; 20 drops Jasmine fragrance; 1 cup distilled water
Mix ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth mix. Pour it in a dispenser bottle.
Face wash gel for dry or oily skin:
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel; 1 or 2 tsp sweet almond oil; a few drops of your choice of essential oil (optional)
Well mix all ingredients and put in dispenser bottle. For oily skin you need to substitute almond oil with liquid castile soap.
Basic face wash:
- ½ cup liquid castile soap; 1 – 2 tbsp. Oil; 10 drops of essential oil;
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into an empty dispenser. Oily skin- substitute oils for aloe vera gel (See above recipe). Optionally add coffee grounds to this mixture to make an exfoliating cleanser.
As the largest organ of body, skin deserves the best. Treat it tonight with one of these simple recipes.